Our policy is short because, quite frankly, we care about your privacy and like to keep it very simple!
This policy hasn’t been written by a lawyer. It’s just our fair dinkum approach to explain what we do. It’s the way we’d like to be treated ourselves! I’ve tried to keep it as simple as I can while covering everything I can think of — Dean.
- Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage. However, personal identifiers such as your IP address are truncated by Google and not provided in any report. We don’t use any remarketing tracking cookies or user IDs within Google Analytics.
- Our server can collect usage logs, but we have these turned off.
- Our site platform (WordPress) uses a security plugin (Wordfence) to help protect logins and attempted malicious behaviour (providing brute force protection and rate limiting for certain unusual web activity). This does not specifically store your data, but if you attempt to do dodgy things, you may be locked out of our website for a pre-determined period (for security purposes, we don’t disclose this setting). In this case, your IP address would be stored and reported to us for suspicious activity. Unless we have reasonable grounds to take action, these reports are deleted on a weekly basis.
- We ONLY collect your data when YOU choose to supply it to us by way of our contact form. It is kept in our computer system and used to reply or quote on a service if appropriate, and for billing purposes. If you request us to delete this data, we will do so promptly.
- We aim to exclusively deal with trade partners who are committed to sound privacy practices and where applicable the Australian Privacy Principles.
- We only SHARE your data with our trade partners when specifically placing an order that will be delivered to you. If your order is being delivered to us, none of your data is shared with our trade partner.
- If you provide us with a testimonial, you can select what, if any, identifying details are included (your name, your job title, your business or company name). Where we have past testimonials for our business or business owner (Dean Kennedy), we may use these in the same way we have in the past. You can contact us at any time if you would like to stop a testimonial being used for future marketing.
- Your email is NEVER added to any email contact list without your express opt-in. For example, if you use the contact form to contact us, you don’t get added to an email mailing list. Even if you become a customer, you will not receive marketing emails unless you specifically opt-in. You may receive emails about your order/transaction, but that’s it. Item 3 may apply only if you are on a social media platform we choose in future to advertise on and your email address used on that platform matches the email in your customer contact record. There is an opt-out option included in item 3 above.
- If you do decide to receive marketing emails, each email has an unsubscribe link and you will be able to opt-out at any time.
- If we invoice your job via credit card, we don’t store or keep your credit card data. If you pay via online services, it will be via a merchant gateway and no data is stored or collected by us (and such gateways include stringent and very strong privacy and data protection). If you pay via EFT via your bank, again, no data is stored by us. And if you pay by phone, we use your data to complete your transaction via our “virtual terminal” and then safely discard your details — again, we don’t store your credit card data unless you specifically ask us to do so.
- Our own logins such as for our web server, site platform (WordPress), merchant facility and business email service are all protected by “strong” password generation policies, using difficult to guess passwords and usernames.
- We can update this page at any time. However we don’t plan to unless absolutely necessary (most likely just for clarity). If anything changes that we think negatively affects our customers, we’ll be in touch.
If you have any questions about our policy, or any data we may have from previous communication or services/work provided to you, please get in touch.